Sunday, October 31, 2010

Fall Foliage in Asheville, NC

I wanted to photograph some fall foliage this year, so I headed to Asheville, NC and drove along the Blue Ridge Parkway.

I was probably about a week too early but the color was very beautiful in the higher elevations.  The portion of the parkway from Grandfather Mountain to Blowing Rock was stunning. 

 I listened to satellite radio, and just enjoyed the drive through the beautiful countryside, stopping at just about every overlook to take a few shots.

For those on bikes, what an enjoyable ride they must have had!


The Blue Ridge Mountains made such a beautiful backdrop against the vibrant colors of the fall.

  
"Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine." 
Anthony J. D'Angelo

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." 
 ... Ansel Adams


No comments:

Post a Comment