Sunday, August 28, 2011

Thunderous Sunrise


I knew that sunrise, high tide and rough seas from the recent hurricane that passed through would make for some great conditions to photograph.  I wasn't wrong!

I knew a great place to go with extra high seas would be Blowing Rocks Preserve in Jupiter.  But Jupiter is an hour away.  And the Preserve does not open until 9am; sunrise is at 7am.  So you have to park in Coral Park and walk 1 mile on the beach to get to the Preserve.  But when I got there, the seas were too high and waves were crashing with a thunderous noise (not to mention that it was still dark), I was afraid to walk it.  I did debate on whether I could make it or not but decided it really wasn't safe.  I was glad I didn't risk it later that day when I got too close to a wave and it knocked me down and drenched me.  If I would have tried walking the beach this morning under these conditions, I know I would have been in trouble.

It really was a nice sunrise, with the big waves crashing like thunder.  Very pretty.


No comments:

Post a Comment