Thursday, December 22, 2011

Bosque del Apache Wildlife Refuge, New Mexico

Another great trip out to Bosque over Thanksgiving this year. 
Bosque del Apache is a wildlife refuge located just outside of Socorro, New Mexico.  I went last year and loved it, had to go again this year.

We'd start at the flight deck in the morning - hoping to be part of the morning fly-out.  Then we'd move on to the crane pond and watch the Sandhill Cranes.  It really is a haven for photographers.

I was fortunate enough to see a coyote this time.  This shot really made my day.

Even the landscape at Bosque is beautiful. 
I love the Red Winged Blackbirds!  They are so beautiful, and I love to see the flash of red when they tip their wings.  It was a great trip.  It is a truly amazing natural experience.




No comments:

Post a Comment