Saturday, May 22, 2010

My New Favorite Chick - Black Stilt

I have a new favorite chick!  The Black Stilt has always been at the top of the favorites, but I had never seen their chicks.  Well, that changed tonight!  These are Black Stilt babies and they are the cutest chicks I have ever seen.










They did something else I had never seen before.  The Black Stilts have these long pink legs that bend at the "knee" a little differently than a lot of birds.  This little guy is about to run for cover under mom.



And this little guy is going to join them.  See the extra set of legs under the adult Stilt?  Look closely, there is one chick already under there.

And now the whole family is under there!  See all the little legs?
And now it's time to come out and play again.


No comments:

Post a Comment